Substitute Teaching Information
Plymouth Public Schools substitute teachers earn $125.00 per day if currently certified by the MA DESE and $110.00 if not currently certified. If a substitute remains in the same teaching position for 20 consecutive days, the rate will increase on the 21st day for the remainder of the assignment. The long-term rate is based on a Bachelors / step 1 per the current salary schedule located in the EAPC contract.
To begin the process of becoming a substitute teacher, please complete the checklist below and then email Alisha Cardarelli to schedule an appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Plymouth Public Schools, 11 Lincoln Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
A formal application process is required prior to being placed on our active substitute list.
You must complete each item below. Links lead to PDF forms that you can download and fill out; if you do not have Adobe Acrobat, click the following link for the free download: Adobe Reader download link). Please bring these items to your appointment. We are currently not accepting paperwork via email.
- Process Initiation Form
- Certificated Application
- W-4 2022
- Direct Deposit Form
- Transcript documenting a minimum of two years of college (60 credits). E-transcripts are accepted.
- OBRA Form & Information Guide (Commonwealth of MA Deferred Compensation Plan)
- CORI Form (Criminal Offender Record Information) and a valid driver's license or passport..
- I-9 Form (Employment Eligibility Verification) and 1-2 forms of ID listed on the acceptable documents page.
- SSA Form (Statement Concerning Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security)
- State Mandated Ethics Training for Municipalities (Print completion certificate at the end of online training)
- Schedule an Appointment to be Fingerprinted (Please use provider ID# 02390000 when prompted. *if you have been fingerprinted recently by another district, you can request that district email us a letter of suitability instead of being re-printed)
- A copy of your current Massachusetts Educator License